We've provided some tips for capturing (and then submitting) the perfect photograph for use in your announcement. These guidelines have been created to cover any possible concerns you may have regarding your pictures, but please feel free to e-mail us with any issues that arenít addressed in this section.
- The quality of your finished announcement is dependent on the quality of the photographs that are furnished with your order. Ideally, a photo should be at least 1200 x 1800 pixels (4 x 6 inches) or 300dpi (scanned at the actual size of your original image). An image may look wonderfully clean and crisp on your computer screen, which displays images at approximately 100dpi, but it may not be suitable for high-quality printing.
- When taking pictures of your subject, be aware of your lighting and your background. You want the subject of your picture to be the main focus, so be sure to get close enough and be aware of any loud colors or clutter that's in the background. When possible, take your pictures outdoors or close to a natural light source, as the color in your picture will be as accurate as possible.
- When taking your pictures, it is best to use the highest setting your digital camera offers, since it's easy to reduce a larger image, but not recommended to enlarge an image that starts out small, as image quality and detail will be compromised.
- If you're scanning prints, negatives, or transparencies for use in your announcement, please ensure that your photos and scanner bed are free of lint, dust, and fingerprints, as they may be picked up by your scanner's sensitive "eye." Before scanning, make sure your scanner is set to scan at 300dpi and scan your image at 100%. Please save your scanned image in either a .jpg or .tif format. If you don't have access to a scanner, we'll be happy to scan the images for you for an additional charge; e-mail us for details.
- We will accept photographs taken by professional photographers, but please be sure you have obtained the photographer's permission to reproduce their work. We will not be responsible if you submit photos to us without obtaining proper permission.
- It is suggested to submit more than one picture, depending on the layout you and the design have decided upon. We will adjust your photo(s) to accommodate the announcement layout, so it's wise to provide several pictures for us to choose from.
- Please do not resize your photo before submission, as this may compromise print quality. If you have any special instructions regarding cropping, color, or touch-ups, simply provide this information when placing your order. We may need to crop or resize your photo in order to fit within the announcement design you've selected, but the final appearance will be left to your discretion and we will make any necessary adjustments.
- If you're unsure whether your photographs can be used, you may e-mail them (in .jpg or .tif formats only) to email@example.com and we will assess the image quality before your order is processed.
announcements birth photo baby adoption birthday envelope boys girls sibling twins babies